We are AACG.
The Asian-American Commerce Group is a living-proof of Central Ohio's rapid globalization and its Asian businesses. The AACG is recognized by the Governor of Ohio and the Mayors of Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati as one of the best business seminar provider.
Dr. Joy Kouns-Lewis
Vice President, Joy of Coaching (Filipino -American)
Board Member (Filipino-American)
Board Member (Chinese American)
Board Member (Asian-Indian)
Board Member (Vietnamese-American)
Treasurer, Retired J.P. Morgan Chase (Pakistani-American)
Board Member (Asian-Indian American)
Board Member (Japanese-American )
Dr. Arthur Bing
Advisory Committee (Indonesian-American)
Dr. Doug Lewis
Advisory Committee (Caucasian American)
We Think Globally
The Asian-American Commerce Group is a living-proof of Central Ohio’s rapid globalization and its Asian businesses. The AACG is recognized by the Governor of Ohio and the Mayors of Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati as one of the best business seminar provider.
The Asian-American Commerce Group (AACG) is a non-profit organization registered with the Secretary of the State and is staffed by volunteers. AACG was organized in July 1993 in recognition of the need for better communication among Asian American organizations in Central Ohio as well as the need for effective liaison between ethnic groups and the public sector. AACG has been providing leadership to many Asian American communities in Central Ohio, and serving as champion for a myriad worthy causes in Ohio and beyond.
Our major accomplishments include:
- Established direct working relationship with key officials of the State of Ohio, Franklin County and City of Columbus to improve communications between the Asian American communities and various government agencies.
- Working with City of Columbus Equal Business Opportunity Center (EBOC) and City Council to promote equitable procurement opportunities for all minority groups in Central Ohio.
- Collaborating with the City of Columbus, Columbus 2020, Greater Columbus Chamber of Commerce, the State of Ohio, and Columbus 2020, AACG has participated and supported many trade delegations visiting from Asia.
- Increased political recognition of Asian Americans by organizing open forums for public officials.
- Hosted over 20 candidate’s nights since 1993, enabling the Asian-American community to network with elected officials and candidates for office. Previous attendees include Mayor Michael B. Coleman, Congressmember Joyce Beatty, Congressmember Steve Austria, Franklin County Commissioner Marilyn Brown, as well as many state representatives, city council members, and judges. AACG is unique in that the organization hosts a separate candidate’s night for both Democrat and Republican candidates. This provides a more civil environment to focus on issues affecting the Asian American community instead of partisan politics.
- Hosted the AACG Annual Economic Summit. The Economic Summit encourages Asian and other minority business owners to become certified minority and/or female owned businesses. It provides a forum to network with supplier diversity representatives from the State of Ohio, City of Columbus, and numerous Fortune 500 companies.
- Founded the Ohio Asian Awards. The Ohio Asian Awards allows the Asian American Commerce Group of Columbus to recognize and celebrate fourteen outstanding local business, community, and elected leaders for their contribution to the vitality and success of the Asian American Community in Ohio. The first Ohio Asian Awards will be held on August 22, 2015 at Hollywood Casino Columbus. To learn more about the Ohio Asian Awards please visitwww.ohioasianwards.com
To view event photos please visit https://www.facebook.com/AACGOhio
AACG is unique in that the organization hosts a separate candidate’s night for both Democrat and Republican candidates. This provides a more civil environment to focus on issues affecting the Asian American community instead of partisan politics.